SH CH ZENEVIEVA MISTER BOJANGLES FOR WHISTLER JUN CH JD (Miss C & Mrs A Byrne & Stewart)
CODE OF ETHICS:
ALL IRELAND GOLDEN RETRIEVER
CLUB CODE OF ETHICS (In addition to that of the IKC)
* Members shall ensure that all breeding dogs & bitches in their ownership have current
clear eye certificates & hips x-rayed & scored at the time of mating and shall only
be mated to or by a dog with a current clear eye certificate and hips x-rayed & scored
at time of mating under BVA and/or committee approved scheme.
* Bitches to be a minimum of 18 months at the time of mating.
* Bitches to be a maximum of eight years when having her last litter.
* Maximum number of litters per bitch to be 5.
* Members should comply with the Irish Animal Welfare Act.
MEMBERS FAILING TO COMPLY WITH THE ABOVE CODE OF ETHICS MAY BE SUSPENDED OR EXPELLED
AND/OR HAVE THEIR RENEWAL OF MEMBERSHIP REFUSED.
Information on Eye Testing & Hip X-Raying may be obtained from the Hon. Secretary.
We have a beautiful breed that unfortunately, like many other breeds has hereditary
problems but by adhering to the Club’s code of ethics the risk of hereditary problems
being passed on to offspring will be greatly reduced.
In ADDITION : The IKC have added an amendment to their Code Of Ethics for which ALL
members must Comply....
RULES FROM JANUARY 2018
ATTENTION BREEDERS - NEW RULES FROM JANUARY 2018
Please note changes to the Irish Kennel Club Rules and Code of Ethics which will
be implemented from 1st January 2018.
Rule 233 of the Irish Kennel Club Rules & Regulations will now read:-
1. Progeny from a Bitch under 1 year (12 months) or over 8 years of age at the time
of mating, or, by a sire under 7 months or over 12 years of age at the time of mating,
will not be accepted for registration unless the application is supported by satisfactory
2. During any period of 3 years, not more than 3 litters of pups is born to a bitch.
3. No more than four litters born in the life time of any bitch.
4. No more than two litters born to a bitch by caesarean section.